Konstantin I. Sergatskiy, Doctor of medical sciences, associate professor, professor of the sub-department of surgery, Medical Institute, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Valeriy I. Nikol'skiy, Doctor of medical sciences, professor, professor of the sub-department of surgery, Medical Institute, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mariya G. Fedorova, Candidate of medical sciences, associate professor, head of the department of clinical morphology and forensic medicine with a course of oncology, Medical Institute, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Vladislav E. Kiselev, Resident of the sub-department of surgery, Medical Institute, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aleksandr S. Ivachev, Doctor of medical sciences, professor, professor of the sub-department of surgery, Medical Institute, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Artem D. Zakharov, Resident of the sub-department of surgery, Medical Institute, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Currently, an increase in the number of operations for colorectal cancer, developmental anomalies, and large intestine trauma resulting in the removal of a colostomy is noted in the world. The use of a xenopericardial plate as an endoprosthesis for paracolostomy hernias seems to be relevant. The purpose of the research is to study the features of reparative processes, as well as the results of the integration of the xenopericardium during its implantation into the aponeurosis of the external oblique muscle of the abdomen in the area of the hernial orifice and the intestinal wall, removed as a colostomy. Materials and methods. In an experiment on rabbits of the chinchilla breed, the removal of a colostomy was simulated, followed by intra-abdominal implantation of a previously prepared hernioprosthesis from a xenopericardium and a polypropylene mesh. Results. A comparative analysis of the features of the connective tissue’s growth in the zones of implantation was carried out by counting the number of fibroblasts and fibrocytes. Differences in the development of inflammation and neovascularization in the areas of integration of xenopericardium and mesh endoprosthesis were assessed. Conclusions. The inflammatory reaction upon implantation into the zone of the aponeurosis and the intestinal wall of both the xenopericardial plate and the mesh regresses by the end of the month after the operation. However, the contact of the synthetic material with the intestinal wall leads to pronounced necrotic changes extending up to the submucosal layer, which was not observed after implantation of the biological material. Thus, in those cases of plastic surgery, when the contact of the implant with the intestinal wall is possible, the use of biological materials is preferable.
1. Ayupov R.T. Modern approaches to the treatment of advanced colorectal cancer. Kreativnaya khirurgiya i onkologiya = Creative surgery and oncology. 2010;(3):32–36. (In Russ.)
2. Yanyshev A.A., Bazaev A.V., Kokobelyan A.R., Abelevich A.I. Modern methods of prevention of parastomal hernias (review). Sovremennye tekhnologii v meditsine = Modern technologies in medicine. 2018;10(3):175–183. (In Russ.)
3. Bochar V.T. Assessment of life quality in patients with parastomal diseases. L'vіvs'kiy medichniy chasopis = Lviv medical journal. 2015;(1):55–60.
4. Tulupov M.S. Prevention of parastomal complications in patients with intestinal stoma. Aspirantskie chteniya – 2017: materialy nauch.-prakt. konf. c Mezhdunar. uchastiem "Nauchnye dostizheniya molodykh uchenykh XXI veka v ramkakh pri-oritetnykh napravleniy strategii nauchno-tekhnologicheskogo razvitiya strany" = Postgraduate Readings – 2017: proceedings of scientific and practical conference with International participation “Scientific achievements of young scientists of the 21st of the century in the framework of the priority areas of the strategy of scientific and technological development of the country”. Samara: SamGMU, 2017:39–40. (In Russ.)
5. Katorkin S.E., Zhuravlev A.V., Tulupov M.S., Razin A.N. Surgical treatment of patients with colostomy and paracolostomy hernia after Hartmann's operation. Koloproktologiya = Coloproctology. 2018;(2S):50. (In Russ.)
6. Carne P.W., Robertson G.M., Frizelle F.A. Parastomal hernia. Br. J. Surg. 2003;90(7):784–793.
7. Tokmakov I.A., Yudanov A.V., Ganicheva I.A., Govorkov R.V., Zadil'skiy R.P. Prevention of complications of intestinal stoma. Koloproktologiya = Coloproctology. 2016;(S1):114. (In Russ.)
8. Stolyarov M.S. Clinical and functional assessment of carotid artery plasty with a xenopericardium patch treated with diepoxy compounds in carotid endarterectomy. PhD abstract. Novosibirsk, 2008:23. (In Russ.)
9. Nikol'skiy V.I., Titova E.V., Feoktistov Ya.E. Xenopericardial implants in herniology. Meditsinskie implanty: materialy Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. = Medical implants: proceedings of an International scientific and practical conference. Kursk: OOO «MedTestInfo». 2016:84. (In Russ.)
10. Zyul'kin G.A. Substantiation and evaluation of the effectiveness of the use of polyester implants in hernioplasty of postoperative ventral hernias. PhD abstract. Penza, 2012:23. (In Russ.)
11. Afanas'ev Yu.I., Yurina N.A., Kotovskiy E.F. [et al.]. Gistologiya, embriologiya, tsitologiya. 6-e izd., pererab. i dop. = Histology, embryology, cytology. The 6th edition, revised and added. Moscow: Geotar-Media. 2012:800. (In Russ.)